5 Easy and Quick Ideas for Neti Pot Solution
Breathing is indispensable for living. Breathing crispy clean air is essential for our life. Breathing freely through nasal passages, sensing the palette of smells is an inherent characteristic of nasal sinus health. Unfortunately, continually aggravating ecological situation causes people to suffer from nasal congestion and respiratory illnesses more frequently nowadays. Nature has endowed us with a great filtering mechanism – nasal passages, yet even it tends to fail due to abundance of pollens, dust, viruses and bacteria thriving in the atmosphere.
A very simple type of aid you can provide your organism with is easy to perform yet effective nasal cleansing with a Neti Pot saline. Did you know that about a quart of nasal mucus is produced by an average person every day? The same like your teeth need frequent cleansing to remove the remains of food and bacteria, your nasal passages require rinsing to relieve them from the excess of mucus and air pollutants.
Neti Pot Solution
If you don’t want to bother yourself with preparing homemade Neti Pot rinsing liquids, opt for Neti Pot solution available in any pharmacy. Actually they are mixtures of table salt and baking soda dissolvable in sterile water that can be used right away. Yet the best deals in regards to funds economy can be found with Neti Pot solution recipes which are very easy and even effortless to prepare at home.
Neti Pot Solution Recipes
- Dissolve ½ teaspoon of salt (uniodized or sea salt) and ½ teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces of lukewarm (body temperature) sterile, distilled or previously boiled water to prepare the base solution.
- Alternatively use more salt and less soda: ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ of baking soda. Baking soda adjusts the pH of the solution to the one your body has.
- 3 drops of goldenseal tincture added to the base solution will drain the excessive mucous production.
- To ease nasal dryness add 2-3 drops of sesame essential oil or aloe extract.
- 2-3 drops of garlic oil, 2-3 drops of grapefruit seed extract or 5-6 drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide added to the base solution are applied as sinus infection treatment.
Nasal irrigation with a Neti Pot is an efficient and affordable method of regular mucous removal, essential as a preventive measure against sinonasal diseases which outbreaks often require serious antibiotic treatment.